Child Care Benefits and Child Care Rebates
Birralee Extended Hours Preschool is an approved childcare provider with the Australian Government and as such entitles you to apply for Child Care Benefit (CCB) or Child Care Rebate (CCR).
This system however is changing on 2 July 2018. For more information about the NEW Child Care Subsidy (replacing the CCB and CCR) and what it might mean for your family visit: https://www.education.gov.au/new-child-care-package-information-resources-families
Families can also get an idea of what their new subsidy might be by going to the NEW Child Care Subsidy Estimator: https://www.education.gov.au/sites/education/files/chcare/est/index.html
The Child Care Benefit is for families with one working parent and is means tested and helps working families with the cost of childcare. The Child Care Benefit covers 50 per cent of out-of-pocket child care expenses for approved childcare up to the maximum legislated amount per year per child in approved care.
Frequently Asked Questions
Birralee have answered some of your most frequently asked questions here. Questions that answer issues about our enrolment process, Birralee’s kindergarten orientation for new families, school readiness, how to pay fees, what to do when your child is sick etc is answered here. More..
Communicating with families
We understand how important communication is with your family about the day to day happenings and your child’s progress throughout the year. We seek to provide optimal communication with our families and there are many ways we hope to achieve this:
- Each family has a Family Communication Box located above the bags. We use this to place letters, notices, invitations and any other information relating to your family and Birralee. This is also where we place any lost property and your child’s artwork too. So make sure you check this every day at pick up.
- Families are encouraged to call Birralee at any time to talk to the Director, Lorna Hughes or other educators and staff – just call on 9528 6975
- Our educators love to talk to families about their child’s day and development. So we invite you to have a chat whenever you are in.
- Daily photographs are placed in your HubHello Gallery – so remember to log in and have a look.
- Families are invited to join us for our incursions and events which we hold throughout the year. These special occasions will give you a chance to see your child/children in action at Preschool. So keep a look out in your for information about these events.
- HubHello is our web-based platform to manage and view your child’s enrolment and payments whilst at Birralee. Here you can view your invoices, family and child’s details, and you can also update any personal information at any time.
- HubHello Educate is the web-based platform Birralee uses to document children’s Learning Portfolio’s. It also gives parents the opportunity to view and provide feedback about your child’s portfolio of learning and development. Here you can view your child’s portfolio over time including photo’s and video’s, observations, programs and feedback from our educational staff. We welcome your own comments about these posts as it will give our educators further insight into the life and loves of your child.
- We use the Newsfeed in HubHello to update you about happenings and events here at Birralee. We will always list what is coming up next so make sure you log in to get the latest and greatest.
- We also have a Facebook Page. This too is used to update families on events and activities. We will post photographs here but only if you have signed the Permission to Publish part of the enrolment form. So have a look on Facebook and LIKE us so that you can keep up to date and respond to our posts.
- We regularly send notices and information to you by email. So please let us know if your email changes and check your inbox at pick up.
- Birralee will occasionally send families a text messages via your mobile phone. This is used only to ensure you are aware of an important date, activity or change here at Birralee that needs your attention.
If at any stage you need to provide feedback or make a complaint you are welcome to contact Birralee and speak to Lorna Hughes by phone on 9528 6975 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Useful Links and Resources
There is a wealth of information available on the internet about caring for your family and in particular preschoolers. To help you navigate through this Birralee has put together some resources and links that may be useful. More….